Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Keeping Track of myself

Unbelievably, I will be able to turn our Year into a book, which is my motivation to document our school work. To have a record of the process will be incredibly helpful for when Henry gets to this stage, not to mention this will ease the guilt that keeps building because I do not scrapbook my children's lives.

http://www.blurb.com/ Blog to book software-too bad I have to wait a year until I can see what a blog-turned- book looks like.

I am also getting a better camera with my tax return money! This will allow me to take FAR better photos than I can get with my point and shoot Canon Powershot, which is on it's last legs anyway-literally being held together with duct tape. I am eyeballing the Canon EOS Rebel, which is similar to the SLR camera that an unscrupulous West Virginian stole from me years ago. I am also looking at different lenses, and daydreaming about the cool effects I could produce with a fish-eye. 



Now that I think about it, this IS scrapbooking, without the kitschy, stay-at-home-mommy stigma attached.  Not that I care about that, but somehow it seems a better use of my time to digitally document, rather than cutting expensive paper with fancy serrated scissors and creating a mess.

No comments:

Post a Comment